In this post i’d like to share with you all the reasons why you should definitely be wearing linen this summer. So where do I start on the many wonders of this material.
KEEPS YOU COOL IN HOT WEATHER
- The Weave of the fibre allows more airflow and it’s structure keeps it away from your skin.
- Clothing made of Linen has high air permeability, this allows air to flow through the fabric effortlessly and allows the body to breath.
- Linen fabric is stiff and less likely to cling to the skin.
- Highly absorbent keeping the body free of moisture removing perspiration from the skin
- The molecular structure of the fabric means it can absorb as much as 1/5 it’s weight before giving a feeling of dampness
- Can absorb so much it’s highly unlikely you will ever feel clammy
- Acts as an excellent cooling system for your body
- Linen weave reflects heat. This means garments possess good “shading” properties meaning the wearer of linen clothing feels cooler.
Browse the shop and pick out some key linen pieces. Bold colourful patterns in vivid hues are just the thing for this summer.